Here’s a clue: one of the simplest ways you can improve your health, feel better, and jump start your day is by drinking a smoothie! They taste good, take only a few minutes, and will do wonders for you – both inside and out. Smoothies are made from raw fruits and/or vegetables and so they are naturally packed with nutrients, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
While there are more than 5 reasons, these definitely make the top of the list.
Top 5 Reasons to Drink Smoothies
- Strengthen your immune system. No one likes to get sick, but with a weak immune system, it is inevitable. Luckily, smoothies are made from raw fruits and/or vegetables. They are naturally packed with nutrients, vitamins, and anti-oxidants that build and strengthen the immune system.
2. Energy. Caffeine is not the fuel your body needs and will eventually cause havoc in your body. Try driving a car with the wrong fuel, it will ruin the engine. Supply your body with the right fuel, so you can have energy throughout the whole day!
3. Detox. We’re exposed to thousands of chemicals on a daily basis that are invading and slowly intoxicating our bodies’ systems. Give your body a chance to detoxify and remove the junk that has been building up throughout the years. Try a green smoothie or squeeze half a lemon or lime in your smoothies.
4. Beauty. Imagine a glowing complexion with beautiful skin, hair and nails. If you supply your body with the nutrients and vitamins it needs – you will not only be healthier, but you will look better!
5. Happiness. Experience peace and empowerment knowing you are in control on the journey to better health. Remember you are what you eat, and drink. Yes, you can eat and drink your way to happiness. 
Well, what are you waiting for? It’s time to drink a smoothie!
 The Healthline Editorial Team. (2013, June 18). Mood Food: Can What You Eat Affect Your Happiness? . Retrieved March 9, 2014, from Healthline: http://www.healthline.com/health/mood-food-can-what-you-eat-affect-your-happiness